More Q & A
I fully expected this to happen. After
writing a Q & A article and putting my
e-mail address at the end, I knew I was going to
get flooded with even more questions about the
And thatís okay.
Instead of responding to every e-mail though,
I figured I would just answer the twenty most
popular questions I received over the weekend.
- The eight cities have not been announced
yet. Expect that to happen soon.
- Neither have names, logos, colors or
- XFL league merchandise will be available
through XFL.com by the end of the summer.
- Team merchandise will be available around
the same time as well.
- A steel cage will not surround the field.
- Single game and season tickets will not be
available until after cities and stadiums
- If you faxed in your "Be A
Player" form, donít be worried if you
havenít received a confirmation yet. Our
team of scouts is looking over each
submission and will contact the prospective
players they are interested in.
- If youíre looking to become an employee
of the XFL in the league or team offices,
information will be available on XFL.com
later this week.
- Vince McMahon will not be a coach.
- The season kicks off on February 3, 2001
and there will be a championship game on
April 21, 2001.
- Each Saturday night during the season, NBC
will televise an east and west coast XFL
game in primetime. The XFL is still
negotiating for a cable partner.
- It has not been decided whether or not the
XFL will pursue a broadcast partner in the
UK or other parts of Europe.
- Player compensation has not been
determined yet, although word is that among
professional football leagues, only the NFL
will provide their players with higher
compensation. And donít forget that XFL
players will receive a bonus for winning
- Coaches will not be allowed to hit
opposing coaches over the head with the
- There will be several rule changes applied
to speed up the play of the game. As of
today, April 25, 2000, several have been
proposed, but the only ones announced are:
Eliminating the fair-catch, making punts
live balls (although it hasn't been decided
yet how long the ball will have to travel
first), requiring only one foot inbounds on
pass receptions, instituting a 35-second
play clock and limiting half time to ten
- The XFL will definitely have cheerleaders.
However, donít expect them to wear thongs
on the sideline.
- Players will not be permitted to
"power bomb" one another.
- Games will be played in stadiums, not
- Keep checking XFL.com for any updates on
- Each team will consist of about 40
Thanks for the questions. Keep them coming.
Although letís try something different this
week. Instead of you mailing me questions, how
about you mail me answers.
Who is one person you would like to see as a
head coach in the XFL?
Send your answer to Lucas@xfl.com.